Sunday, May 23, 2010

Playground Bully

We had a really beautiful day outside yesterday, Perfect for a trip to the park for the kids and some BBQ! My two oldest were the only 2 playing for a while, then I saw him. Lol. I know what to expect when I see this little guy coming. He's only 3 but he is a force to be reckoned with. Funny thing is his dad is nice as can be. We always have very nice conversations as we watch our kids play. The only problem is that, the kid is kind of a bully. Not like outrageously bad, but pretty darn naughty! He like to throw dirt on other kids, and a lot of times those are my kids! He also like to throw things at people. in the half an hour I was there, he threw a candy wrapper, a ROCK, and my own kids bubble maker at me. The bubble maker did hit me. He also kept picking up my daughters stuffed Webkins toy and throwing it in the dirt. Each time that his dad caught him he tried to tell him to stop or apologize but that was about it. The little boy never actually apologized just looked at me and ran away. I'm not mad or anything, he's just a child but it does irritate me when parents let there kids run wild, or bully other kids with no consequence. I'm not saying I'm perfect but I would never let my child dump dirt on someone else's child, and not do something about it. It kind of blows my mind actually. It kind of makes me want to grab my kids and run home when I see them walking towards the park. I'm sorry but I just don't like picking wood chips, dirt and pebbles out of my kids hair when I get home! Has anyone else had trouble with bully's? How do you handle it? Or gasp, is your child a bully? Hehe.

5 comments:

  1. We have a 3 year old in our neighborhood that threatens to throw sand when he doesn't get his way. He's always taking toys from my kid, and when I reprimand him, he threatens me. Pint sized bullies are a force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have encountered a bully he was about 4 and my son is 2. He was chasing him around and pretty much acting like a monkey around the park. His dad just kinda sat ont he bench and did nothing.
    He actually tried to shove my little guy and luckily at that point the dad said something.
    I think if I saw a kid that was going to harm another one I would definitely say something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just try and in a nice voice tell him thats not nice or please dont do that. He's not really violent so I try and just let the kids be. My kids dont get really upset about it they know he is younger then they are. We all just get annoyed when he is constantly trying to throw dirt on them. It's hard because you dont want to tell people how to discipline their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't as of yet, but when I was a nanny we did. It was a little different because since they weren't my kids, and I wasn't trying to be friends with the other kids parents, I had no problem telling them off. But when it comes time for me to do this with a friends son or daughter, it's going to be a lot harder.

    It makes me wonder why parents can't stop their children from doing this? Why do others have to step in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went through this when my oldest was about 3. Unfortunately it was a distant relative, so I felt limited in what I could do. And my boy was so shy that it got to where he would cry whenever we were around this other little boy. I was embarrassed for the mom but also didn't want to put my kid through that. Good luck, it's a tough situation.

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers